Employment Opportunities at O,R&L Construction
O,R&L Construction Corporation is always looking for motivated, talented and experienced people to help follow our mission and strategic vision:
A O,R&L Construction, we strive to exceed our clients' expectations by providing high performance, sustainable construction and superior client service. We measure our success by the relationships we build.
If you are looking to join a progressive commercial construction company that encourages diversity and professional development, O,R&L is for you. We offer services in Construction Management, Design Build, General Contracting, Green Building Services and Construction Consulting for the healthcare, laboratory, corporate and education industries focusing on high performance needs, client satisfaction and quality construction.
Come join the team of project managers, estimators, project engineers, architects, site superintendents, safety officers, marketing/sales, administrators and field personnel. O,R&L Construction is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please see all available positions below.
There are 2 jobs available.
Assistant SuperintendentLocation: Branford, Connecticut
O, R&L Construction is seeking a responsible, experienced candidate for a position as an assistant to a general construction site superintendent.
Candidate must have experience working in the commercial construction industry, basic computer knowledge, and the ability to multi-task. The candidate must understand general construction drawings and specifications. The individual will assist the superintendent as required including subcontractor oversight, coordination of site safety, and conducting safety meetings. The person must be looking for the potential to grow within the company. Benefits are available.
Project Manager - Construction OperationsLocation: Branford, Connecticut
O,R&L Construction is seeking a Project Manager of Construction Operations. The Project Manager position reports to the president/VP of Operations. The duties will include the following responsibilities and anything else required to ensure that the construction company runs smoothly.
- Manage projects to ensure that they remain on budget, schedule and meet O,R&L Construction policies & procedures
- Fully understand project scope and owner expectations.
- Scope & buyout construction projects for all CSI divisions.
- Develop a cash flow report for each project based on schedule & construction phases.
- Responsible for setting up new projects as required.
- Know O,R&L Policies & Procedures thoroughly and offer suggestions for improvements.
- Thoroughly understand the following systems: Procore, P-6, and Bluebeam.
- Keep all construction office matters organized, efficient and paperwork properly filed at all times in accordance with SOP.
- Approve all payables and sign each vendor/subcontractor invoice.
- Prepare monthly requisitions NLT 5th of each month.
- Conduct contract negotiations as required.
- Ensure project safety, quality control, proper signage, clean sites & zero tolerance for anyone not complying with these mandates.
- Run weekly project meetings with the owner.
- Review all project schedules for contract compliance and update schedules bi-weekly.
- Consistently communicate with the Project Owner.
- Provide weekly project hotlist for PM meetings NLT Friday, 3:00 PM, for the following week. Monthly owner reports, meeting minutes within 48 hours, agendas for all meetings and reports as required.
- Continue to develop the respect of all construction personnel by leading through example of excellent project management.
- Scheduling short and long-term manpower needs and handle the day to day field assignments based on the projects that you are running.
- Conduct/Assist with performance review & incident reports of the field personnel, superintendents and project engineers associated with the projects that you run.
- Continuing education to learn more about construction, best practices, how to manage the operations, lean construction and any course relevant to managing projects.
- Attend social functions for business opportunities associated with the projects that you are running.
- Through consistent oversight, strive to limit overall risk to the company
- Must have minimal OSHA 30 certification.
Minimum Goals & Outcomes:
- Core Values – Integrity • Teamwork • Excellence.
- Maintain overall profitability based on the original job profit estimate as a minimum goal by overseeing the operation and making sure that the project stays on budget. You will be coordinating with the controller, project managers, and construction staff.
- Make sure that all survey ratings are positive. Any lower rating needs to be discussed.
- Make sure that projects are completed on time.
- Zero accident program for all construction employees.
- Stay actively involved in construction organizations such as ASHE, CT AIA, CBC, CI or CSI for the educational and networking aspects.